Missing visually handicapped girl found
Dehradun: Police on Wednesday found a blind girl,
who had gone missing from the National Institute of Visually
Handicapped here, at Jalandhar in Punjab, officials said.
The girl, identified as Kiran, was traced through her
mobile connection, which was being monitored since her
disappearance, they said.
A police team has been dispatched to bring the girl back
She will be questioned following her return and
necessary action against the officials of the institute will
be taken based on information provided by her, they said.
Kiran had disappeared on Sunday, after she was allegedly
beaten up by the principal of the institution.
Kiran had left behind a note in her room in which she
alleged that she was beaten up and asked to stand in the heat
for two hours by the principal, Kamalbir Singh, who had
accused her in a theft case.
Singh was not available for comment.
Students of the institute had staged a protest against
the incident yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'