More central docs for Uttarakhand
New Delhi: The Health Ministry has sent more doctors to flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
"Six more doctors mobilised from the CGHS Delhi will reach Dehradun on Tuesday along with four more doctors from CGHS Lucknow to join the 23 general duty medical officers already posted there," a Health Ministry statement said.
Five more doctors from CGHS Kanpur are to reach the flood -ravaged state on Wednesday and lists of junior residents/ medical officers from central hospitals and government of NCT Delhi are also being readied to be deployed in Uttarakhand at short notice.
"A 3-member team from NIMHANS, Bangalore for psycho-social support are to arrive in Dehradun on Wednesday to join the teams from NIMHANS and IHBAS already deployed in the affected areas. This team will be carrying speciality drugs to treat psychological disorders among the affected population," the Ministry said.
It said after picking up early warning signals, diarrhoea cases in Haridwar (Alwalpur), Uttarkashi (Udvi) and Rudraprayag (Chandrapuri) have been managed at incipient stage and no outbreak of water borne/food borne/air borne or direct contact diseases has been reported from affected areas.
Three Central Public Health Teams have been posted to Uttarakhand and deployed in the affected areas of Chamoli, Joshimath. Three 2-member public health teams, two from NCDC/Delhi, and one from AIIH&PH, Kolkata, have reached Dehradun and have been placed at the service of the State health authorities.
Another 3-member Public Health team from AIIH&PH, Kolkata are to reach today.
The Ministry said 40 chloroscopes and a large quantity of reagents, sufficient to test upto 5,000 water samples have been sent to ensure safe drinking water supplies.
"More chloroscopes have been procured for delivery. Specifications of Mobile water purification units are being obtained for procurement and despatch," the Ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video