No one should spread political pollution in Uttarakhand: Bahuguna
Dehradun: As social activist Anna Hazare kicked-off his Janatantra Yatra from Rishikesh, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna said all were welcome in the state as long as they did not spread "political pollution".
"There is no restriction on anyone visiting Uttarakhand, but we will have to ensure that no one spreads political pollution here," Bahuguna yesterday told reporters here without naming anyone in particular.
Hazare began the second phase of his public awakening Janatantra Yatra from Rishikesh, on Tuesday.
Referring to Hazare`s visit to Charba village on the outskirts of Dehradun where locals and environmentalists are opposing the setting up of a Rs 600 crore Coca-Cola bottling plant, Bahuguna said, the soft-drinks major was opening such facilities all over the country and not only in Dehradun.
"I fail to understand why the Coca-Cola plant here is facing protests when the company is setting up such plants across the country," Bahuguna said.
Hazare, however, chose not to comment on the plant while addressing a gathering at Charba village and confined himself to strategies on enforcing major changes in the country`s political system.
Hazare is to hold about 50 public meetings across Uttarakhand during the second phase of the Yatra, before it concludes at Rudrapur later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands