No one should spread political pollution in Uttarakhand: Bahuguna
Dehradun: As social activist Anna Hazare kicked-off his Janatantra Yatra from Rishikesh, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna said all were welcome in the state as long as they did not spread "political pollution".
"There is no restriction on anyone visiting Uttarakhand, but we will have to ensure that no one spreads political pollution here," Bahuguna yesterday told reporters here without naming anyone in particular.
Hazare began the second phase of his public awakening Janatantra Yatra from Rishikesh, on Tuesday.
Referring to Hazare`s visit to Charba village on the outskirts of Dehradun where locals and environmentalists are opposing the setting up of a Rs 600 crore Coca-Cola bottling plant, Bahuguna said, the soft-drinks major was opening such facilities all over the country and not only in Dehradun.
"I fail to understand why the Coca-Cola plant here is facing protests when the company is setting up such plants across the country," Bahuguna said.
Hazare, however, chose not to comment on the plant while addressing a gathering at Charba village and confined himself to strategies on enforcing major changes in the country`s political system.
Hazare is to hold about 50 public meetings across Uttarakhand during the second phase of the Yatra, before it concludes at Rudrapur later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'