Pilot among two killed in chopper crash in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two persons, including the pilot, were killed in a helicopter crash at Garurchatti in Uttarakhand`s Rudraprayag district on Wednesday, police said.
Besides the pilot, a technician on board the chopper was killed, Rudraprayag SP Barindarjit Singh said.
The accident occurred when the helicopter, belonging to a private company, was taking off from Garurchatti for Kedarnath area, officials said, adding that details were awaited.
An IAF Mi-17 V5 chopper on a rescue mission had crashed near Guptkashi in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on June 25, killing all 20 on board.
A private chopper with relief material had met a similar fate on June 21 in Gaurikund area, leaving the pilot injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province