Pilot among two killed in chopper crash in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two persons, including the pilot, were killed in a helicopter crash at Garurchatti in Uttarakhand`s Rudraprayag district on Wednesday, police said.
Besides the pilot, a technician on board the chopper was killed, Rudraprayag SP Barindarjit Singh said.
The accident occurred when the helicopter, belonging to a private company, was taking off from Garurchatti for Kedarnath area, officials said, adding that details were awaited.
An IAF Mi-17 V5 chopper on a rescue mission had crashed near Guptkashi in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on June 25, killing all 20 on board.
A private chopper with relief material had met a similar fate on June 21 in Gaurikund area, leaving the pilot injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union