Pilot among two killed in chopper crash in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two persons, including the pilot, were killed in a helicopter crash at Garurchatti in Uttarakhand`s Rudraprayag district on Wednesday, police said.
Besides the pilot, a technician on board the chopper was killed, Rudraprayag SP Barindarjit Singh said.
The accident occurred when the helicopter, belonging to a private company, was taking off from Garurchatti for Kedarnath area, officials said, adding that details were awaited.
An IAF Mi-17 V5 chopper on a rescue mission had crashed near Guptkashi in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on June 25, killing all 20 on board.
A private chopper with relief material had met a similar fate on June 21 in Gaurikund area, leaving the pilot injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed