Pilot among two killed in chopper crash in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two persons, including the pilot, were killed in a helicopter crash at Garurchatti in Uttarakhand`s Rudraprayag district on Wednesday, police said.
Besides the pilot, a technician on board the chopper was killed, Rudraprayag SP Barindarjit Singh said.
The accident occurred when the helicopter, belonging to a private company, was taking off from Garurchatti for Kedarnath area, officials said, adding that details were awaited.
An IAF Mi-17 V5 chopper on a rescue mission had crashed near Guptkashi in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on June 25, killing all 20 on board.
A private chopper with relief material had met a similar fate on June 21 in Gaurikund area, leaving the pilot injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report