Pilot among two killed in chopper crash in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two persons, including the pilot, were killed in a helicopter crash at Garurchatti in Uttarakhand`s Rudraprayag district on Wednesday, police said.
Besides the pilot, a technician on board the chopper was killed, Rudraprayag SP Barindarjit Singh said.
The accident occurred when the helicopter, belonging to a private company, was taking off from Garurchatti for Kedarnath area, officials said, adding that details were awaited.
An IAF Mi-17 V5 chopper on a rescue mission had crashed near Guptkashi in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand on June 25, killing all 20 on board.
A private chopper with relief material had met a similar fate on June 21 in Gaurikund area, leaving the pilot injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology