Ponty shootout: Bahuguna hints at Namdhari’s removal
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Monday hinted that State Minority Commission chairman Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, who was present during the shootout at a farmhouse in Delhi in which liquor baron Ponty Chaddha and his brother were killed, might be removed.
"His (Namdhari`s) tenure is yet to be over. But the state administration will act and find a way out to remove him," the Chief Minister told reporters here in reply to a question.
Namdhari was appointed chairman of the Uttarakhand Minority Commission during the BJP rule in 2010.
His association with Chaddha came under scanner when it came to light that he was present along with his PSO Sachin Tyagi, an Uttarakhand Police constable, at the time of the shootout at the farmhouse in which Ponty Chaddha and his brother Hardeep were killed.
The name of Namdhari`s PSO has also cropped up in connection with the incident prompting state DGP Satyavrat Bansal to send a team to the national capital to ascertain facts about his alleged role in the incident.
Tyagi allegedly fired a few shots during the shootout to protect himself and his protectee.
A police team headed by Inspector Pramod Shah had been sent to Delhi to find out facts about alleged role of Tyagi, the DGP said.
He said some cases were lodged against Namdhari in Uttarakhand.
The DGP, however, added he could not say anything about the type of cases and in which part of the state these were registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- LG X Screen: Smartphone that offers more than just two screens
- Bomb explodes at Brussels criminology institute, no casualties
- Four youths arrested in Mewat murder-rape, loot case
- Quake of magnitude 7.4 strikes northwest of Ascension Island: USGS