Prepare monthly action plan: CS to officials
Dehra Dun: Reviewing the ongoing work by various departments of the Uttarakhand government, State Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain has directed officials to prepare monthly action plans to achieve set targets.
Chairing a meeting of the planning department here last evening, Jain reviewed the projects undertaken by various departments and stressed the need for strengthening the delivery system, an official release here said.
Pulling up officials at the horticulture department, Jain expressed his dissatisfaction regarding their work culture and asked them to present a concrete work plan in the next 15 days.
He said there was a vast potential of development in the sector which could lead to increase in a farmer`s income.
"25 mandis are being established at various places in hill region. Food processing units are also being set up in a bid to increase farmer`s income. Also, cluster farming approach of horticulture produces would help farmers get the wholesalers at local level," he said.
Taking serious note of the crop damage caused by wild animals, Jain asked forest officials to prepare a concrete strategy to resolve the problem and present an action plan in the next 15 days.
During the meeting, the Chief Secretary was informed that two rescue centres one each in Garhwal and Kumaon region for wild animals are being set up and a team was also formed for sterilisation of animals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter