Rights activist demands Congress MLA`s arrest
Dehradun: Accusing Congress MLA from Khanpur Pranav Singh Champion of "behaving like a terrorist," Rights activist Padmashree Avdhash Kaushal on Thursday demanded that the legislator should be immediately dismissed from the state Assembly and arrested.
"Pranav Champion who is above law and believes only in muscle and gun power is behaving like a terrorist. He is terrorising not only the common man but also the bureaucrats and ministers of Uttarakhand," Kaushal, who heads a rights NGO, alleged in a statement here.
"Champion should be dismissed and arrested under Terrorist Act," he said.
Champion, whose name had cropped up in connection with a firing incident at a cabinet minister`s official residence here, raked up controversy a couple of days back after he called a BSP minister in Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna`s cabinet as the "most corrupt" and also allegedly used indecent language against Bahuguna.
Taking serious note of the issue, Pradesh Congress` disciplinary committee has served the MLA with a show cause notice asking him to explain his conduct within three days.
Leveling financial irregularity charges against the Forest Corporation of Uttarakhand headed by Champion, Kaushal asked a CBI enquiry be been ordered into its functioning too.
"This is also a known fact that Forest Corporation of Uttarakhand chaired by Champion does deforestation worth more than Rs 400 crore every year and deposits only about Rs 250 crore in the treasury. Everyone knows that he asked his subordinate employees of Forest Corporation to sit on dharna against river bed mining done by common man and give this right only to corrupt Forest Corporation under him.
"It is time Champion was immediately arrested under Terrorist Act (TADA) and a CBI enquiry instituted into the workings of Forest Corporation", Kaushal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'