Sale of gutkha banned in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government has banned the sale of gutkha, pan masala and other similar products with nicotine content for a year.
The manufacturing, sale and hoarding of gutkha and similar stuff has been put under a blanket ban for the next one year, Food Commissioner Ranbeer Singh said here Wednesday.
The ban will be reviewed after a year and its period may also be extended, he said, warning stern action against violators.
Strict action as per rules will be taken against those found selling or manufactirung gutkha and similar products, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action