Sale of gutkha banned in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government has banned the sale of gutkha, pan masala and other similar products with nicotine content for a year.
The manufacturing, sale and hoarding of gutkha and similar stuff has been put under a blanket ban for the next one year, Food Commissioner Ranbeer Singh said here Wednesday.
The ban will be reviewed after a year and its period may also be extended, he said, warning stern action against violators.
Strict action as per rules will be taken against those found selling or manufactirung gutkha and similar products, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America