Sale of gutkha banned in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government has banned the sale of gutkha, pan masala and other similar products with nicotine content for a year.
The manufacturing, sale and hoarding of gutkha and similar stuff has been put under a blanket ban for the next one year, Food Commissioner Ranbeer Singh said here Wednesday.
The ban will be reviewed after a year and its period may also be extended, he said, warning stern action against violators.
Strict action as per rules will be taken against those found selling or manufactirung gutkha and similar products, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden