Sale of gutkha banned in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government has banned the sale of gutkha, pan masala and other similar products with nicotine content for a year.
The manufacturing, sale and hoarding of gutkha and similar stuff has been put under a blanket ban for the next one year, Food Commissioner Ranbeer Singh said here Wednesday.
The ban will be reviewed after a year and its period may also be extended, he said, warning stern action against violators.
Strict action as per rules will be taken against those found selling or manufactirung gutkha and similar products, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you