SP MLA collects Rs 1 cr for Uttarakhand flood victims
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party legislator from Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday gave Rs 1 crore to the Chief Minister`s relief fund for relief and rehabilitation work in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
Rameshwar Singh Yadav said he collected the amount from people of his constituency Etah. Giving the amount to the Chief Minister, Yadav said he was overwhelmed by the tragedy and felt he was duty bound to help those in distress.
"The images of the rain-ravaged state moved me to no end and I could not sleep for many days... I ventured out to collect the money for the people of Uttarakhand," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola