SP MLA collects Rs 1 cr for Uttarakhand flood victims
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party legislator from Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday gave Rs 1 crore to the Chief Minister`s relief fund for relief and rehabilitation work in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
Rameshwar Singh Yadav said he collected the amount from people of his constituency Etah. Giving the amount to the Chief Minister, Yadav said he was overwhelmed by the tragedy and felt he was duty bound to help those in distress.
"The images of the rain-ravaged state moved me to no end and I could not sleep for many days... I ventured out to collect the money for the people of Uttarakhand," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi