SP MLA collects Rs 1 cr for Uttarakhand flood victims
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party legislator from Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday gave Rs 1 crore to the Chief Minister`s relief fund for relief and rehabilitation work in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
Rameshwar Singh Yadav said he collected the amount from people of his constituency Etah. Giving the amount to the Chief Minister, Yadav said he was overwhelmed by the tragedy and felt he was duty bound to help those in distress.
"The images of the rain-ravaged state moved me to no end and I could not sleep for many days... I ventured out to collect the money for the people of Uttarakhand," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- US military restricts troops after murder in Okinawa
- Pakistan can help US destabilise Taliban: Senator Bob Corker