SP MLA collects Rs 1 cr for Uttarakhand flood victims
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party legislator from Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday gave Rs 1 crore to the Chief Minister`s relief fund for relief and rehabilitation work in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
Rameshwar Singh Yadav said he collected the amount from people of his constituency Etah. Giving the amount to the Chief Minister, Yadav said he was overwhelmed by the tragedy and felt he was duty bound to help those in distress.
"The images of the rain-ravaged state moved me to no end and I could not sleep for many days... I ventured out to collect the money for the people of Uttarakhand," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read