Transparent governance promised in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Governor Margaret Alva on Tuesday said her government would provide an accountable, transparent and corruption-free government to common people by creating new districts and administrative units, setting up
grievance redressal cells and forming fast-track courts.
In her address on the first day of the newly-constituted
Assembly, Alva said majority of the population of the hill
state earn their livelihood through agriculture and so the
state government would set up an agriculture college as well
as agriculture schools up to the block development level.
The government also intends to cover 2,000 villages under
state organic agriculture development programme to promote
organic farming and explore markets for selling of their
produce, she said.
Significantly, most of the promises made in the election
manifesto of Congress party have been included in the
Alva said the government would develop the Terai area of
the state as seed producing zone and it would take steps to
waive off the penal interest on agriculture loans upto Rs
The government would also take steps to abolish the
provision of license for setting up sugarcane crushers in
plains, she said.
The Governor said the state government would revive the
traditional rights of people living in and around the reserved
and protected forest areas.
The government would also strongly
advocate before the centre for getting appropriate funds as
green bonus in lieu of environment conservation.
Alva said the government would also open a separate
education institute for imparting "Purohiti education" and
also provide scholarship to students pursuing courses in
purohiti. The government also intends to open new engineering
and medical colleges to check migration from hills.
The Governor also promised to provide an employment
dole of Rs 700-1500 per month to all those youths who had been
registered with the unemployment exchange for the last three
A women finance development corporation would also be set
up and the pension of widows will be doubled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015