Trouble at Nishank`s residence creates flutter in Dehradun
Dehradun: An argument over parking of cars in the city`s VIP area, followed by commotion at the former chief minister`s residence, created a flutter here on Saturday.
An argument ensued between a local ABVP leader and a group of armed men allegedly having links with an influential Uttar Pradesh politician over parking cars near a traffic signal close to the city`s Cantt Road, sources close to former chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said.
The area houses the Chief Minister`s residence and the Raj Bhawan.
The argument intensified and after some persons of the group pulled out pistols, the ABVP leader Jitendra Rawat Moni drove to Nishank`s residence to seek shelter.
As he got down his car and ran inside, the group also followed close on his heels inside the campus, where they were stopped by the former CM`s personal staff.
Though the group insisted on taking Moni`s associate Rahul Gupta along with them, they were forced to beat a hasty retreat after Nishank`s men rang up the police, which rushed to the former CM`s residence.
Some persons have been detained in this connection and are being interrogated to ascertain the facts of the matter, SSP Keval Khurana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees