Two held for threatening to kill U`khand CM
Dehra Dun: Two employees of a private
security agency were arrested today for allegedly threatening
to kill Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on the
Independence Day, police said.
The duo, identified as Manoj Kumar and Shankar, was
arrested after preliminary investigations suggested that they
had made a call to the police control room here yesterday
threatening to kill Nishank in a bomb blast on August 15, they
Kumar and Shankar, natives of Pithoragarh and Chamoli
district respectively, were currently residing in Karanpur
According to police, Manoj had got issued the duplicate
SIM card of the phone number used for making the call and
Shankar had made the call, they said. Yesterday, police had
picked up the original owner of the phone number, however, he
was let-off after questioning.
The accused had planned to destroy the SIM card after the
call. However, on the basis of the previous calls made through
the SIM, police reached the callers.
During interrogation, the duo said they had made the call
to test the efficiency of the police department, police said.
Further investigations are on in the matter, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know