Two held for threatening to kill U`khand CM
Dehra Dun: Two employees of a private
security agency were arrested today for allegedly threatening
to kill Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on the
Independence Day, police said.
The duo, identified as Manoj Kumar and Shankar, was
arrested after preliminary investigations suggested that they
had made a call to the police control room here yesterday
threatening to kill Nishank in a bomb blast on August 15, they
Kumar and Shankar, natives of Pithoragarh and Chamoli
district respectively, were currently residing in Karanpur
According to police, Manoj had got issued the duplicate
SIM card of the phone number used for making the call and
Shankar had made the call, they said. Yesterday, police had
picked up the original owner of the phone number, however, he
was let-off after questioning.
The accused had planned to destroy the SIM card after the
call. However, on the basis of the previous calls made through
the SIM, police reached the callers.
During interrogation, the duo said they had made the call
to test the efficiency of the police department, police said.
Further investigations are on in the matter, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video