Two minors raped in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two minor girls were raped in Uttarakhand in separate incidents reported in Haridwar and Nainital districts of the state, police said on Wednesday.
In the first incident, a 10-year-old girl was raped yesterday allegedly by a youth in her village near Roorkee in Haridwar district when she had gone to a nearby field to relieve herself.
Upon learning of the matter, the victim`s family members filed a complaint with the police who have taken the accused, 30-year-old Ravindra alias Chugga, into custody. Medical examination of the girl has confirmed rape, police added.
In another incident, an eight-year-old girl was raped allegedly by her maternal uncle near Beriparav gate in Nainital district on Monday, police sources said.
The accused was beaten up by the villagers when the victim shared her trauma with her family members. He was later handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!