Two minors raped in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two minor girls were raped in Uttarakhand in separate incidents reported in Haridwar and Nainital districts of the state, police said on Wednesday.
In the first incident, a 10-year-old girl was raped yesterday allegedly by a youth in her village near Roorkee in Haridwar district when she had gone to a nearby field to relieve herself.
Upon learning of the matter, the victim`s family members filed a complaint with the police who have taken the accused, 30-year-old Ravindra alias Chugga, into custody. Medical examination of the girl has confirmed rape, police added.
In another incident, an eight-year-old girl was raped allegedly by her maternal uncle near Beriparav gate in Nainital district on Monday, police sources said.
The accused was beaten up by the villagers when the victim shared her trauma with her family members. He was later handed over to the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan