Ukd govt forms committee on industries using silica dust
Dehradun: Uttarkhand government has formed a high level committee that will conduct a detailed survey of the industries using silica dust in the state.
The decision to form the committee, headed by Additional Chief Secretary S Raju with members as secretaries from Labour, Health, Forest, Mining and Industries, was taken at meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar, an official release said here.
The committee would conduct its study and submit its report within two months.
It was also decided that health check up of those working in industries using silica dust would be conducted to find out if they are suffering from silicosis or other respiratory diseases caused due to coming in contact of silicia dust, it said.
If a worker is found suffering from any respiratory disease or silicosis then he would be provided treatment and, rehabilitation facilities, for which Chief Medical Officer of the districts have been made the nodal officer, Kumar said, adding state`s pollution control board would keep a watch on the industries using silica dust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy