Ukd govt forms committee on industries using silica dust
Dehradun: Uttarkhand government has formed a high level committee that will conduct a detailed survey of the industries using silica dust in the state.
The decision to form the committee, headed by Additional Chief Secretary S Raju with members as secretaries from Labour, Health, Forest, Mining and Industries, was taken at meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar, an official release said here.
The committee would conduct its study and submit its report within two months.
It was also decided that health check up of those working in industries using silica dust would be conducted to find out if they are suffering from silicosis or other respiratory diseases caused due to coming in contact of silicia dust, it said.
If a worker is found suffering from any respiratory disease or silicosis then he would be provided treatment and, rehabilitation facilities, for which Chief Medical Officer of the districts have been made the nodal officer, Kumar said, adding state`s pollution control board would keep a watch on the industries using silica dust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug