Ukd govt forms committee on industries using silica dust
Dehradun: Uttarkhand government has formed a high level committee that will conduct a detailed survey of the industries using silica dust in the state.
The decision to form the committee, headed by Additional Chief Secretary S Raju with members as secretaries from Labour, Health, Forest, Mining and Industries, was taken at meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar, an official release said here.
The committee would conduct its study and submit its report within two months.
It was also decided that health check up of those working in industries using silica dust would be conducted to find out if they are suffering from silicosis or other respiratory diseases caused due to coming in contact of silicia dust, it said.
If a worker is found suffering from any respiratory disease or silicosis then he would be provided treatment and, rehabilitation facilities, for which Chief Medical Officer of the districts have been made the nodal officer, Kumar said, adding state`s pollution control board would keep a watch on the industries using silica dust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj