U’khand feels the heat, D`Dun records all time high
Dehra Dun: The rising temperature on Wednesday broke the previous century records of 1944 and 1988 touching all-time high of 43.1 degree C in Dehra Dun, as Met department issued a warning of severe heatwave in the coming days.
The day`s temperature in Dehra Dun today rose to 43.1 degree C, which is an all-time record, said Anand Sharma, Director of Met department here. The previous records of temperatures were set in 1944 and 1988, when the mercury had risen to 42.8 degree C, he added.
The mercury had earlier touched 41.7 degree C on May 26 making it the hottest day in the last 8 years.
The people in other towns like Haridwar and Udhamsingh Nagar districts also sweltered in scorching heat.
The Met department said the current weather conditions are likely to continue for some more days and has also issued a warning of severe heatwave in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH