U’khand probe into misuse of minister`s cars
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Wednesday ordered a probe after Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal asked it to find out whether cars and gunners of Transport Minister Surendra Rakesh, who is on a junket to Australia, were allegedly being misused by his family members.
Rakesh, who is a Cabinet minister from the BSP quota, is in Melbourne. But the Assembly was rocked by reports that his official cars and gunners were being misused by his family members.
The opposition BJP asked the government for a discussion on it. "We want to know whether the government has extended facilities like red-beacon fitted cars and gunners to the family members of Surendra Rakesh also," said leader of the opposition Ajay Bhatt.
Bhatt also alleged that the family members of Rakesh, including his father and brother are also threatening people.
Former tourism minister and BJP member Madan Kaushik alleged that Rakesh`s sister is travelling long distances in his official car when the minister is away.
Both the BJP members sought a clarification from the government in this regard.
Intervening in the matter, the Speaker asked the government to order a probe to ascertain the truth. "If these allegations are true, then they must be stopped immediately," said Kunjwal.
Later, parliamentary minister Indira Hridayesh said the government would abide by the direction of the Speaker in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda