Uttarakhand: 10 member cabinet formed
Dehradun: After days of uncertainty set off
by in-house rebellion, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay
Bahuguna on Tuesday expanded his cabinet by inducting 10 members
including one member each of BSP and UKD and two independent
MLAs who helped Congress gain majority in the assembly.
The swearing-in function was delayed by more than an
hour, apparently due to protest by Dinesh Dhanai, an
independent MLA from Tehri who wanted a cabinet berth.
Dhanai, who was not present at the function, said "I am
feeling cheated as it was I who had first recommended the name
of Bahuguna" (for chief ministership)".
Governor Margaret Alva administered the oath of office
and secrecy to the new ministers at the ONGC stadium here.
Besides, Bahuguna, Congress general secretary incharge of
party affairs in the state Chaudhary Birendra Singh and senior
party leader Satpal Maharaj were also present.
Union Minister Harish Rawat, who had raised a banner of
revolt against Bahuguna`s leadership, was not present and sent
his representative to the event.
Those who took oath as ministers are Indira Hridayesh,
Yashpal Arya, Pritam Singh, S S Negi, Amrita Rawat and Dinesh
Agarwal (all from Congress), two independents Mantri Prasad
Naithani and Harish Durgapal, Pritam SIngh Panwar, the lone
MLA from Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD) and Surendra Rakesh of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?