Uttarakhand: 10 member cabinet formed
Dehradun: After days of uncertainty set off
by in-house rebellion, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay
Bahuguna on Tuesday expanded his cabinet by inducting 10 members
including one member each of BSP and UKD and two independent
MLAs who helped Congress gain majority in the assembly.
The swearing-in function was delayed by more than an
hour, apparently due to protest by Dinesh Dhanai, an
independent MLA from Tehri who wanted a cabinet berth.
Dhanai, who was not present at the function, said "I am
feeling cheated as it was I who had first recommended the name
of Bahuguna" (for chief ministership)".
Governor Margaret Alva administered the oath of office
and secrecy to the new ministers at the ONGC stadium here.
Besides, Bahuguna, Congress general secretary incharge of
party affairs in the state Chaudhary Birendra Singh and senior
party leader Satpal Maharaj were also present.
Union Minister Harish Rawat, who had raised a banner of
revolt against Bahuguna`s leadership, was not present and sent
his representative to the event.
Those who took oath as ministers are Indira Hridayesh,
Yashpal Arya, Pritam Singh, S S Negi, Amrita Rawat and Dinesh
Agarwal (all from Congress), two independents Mantri Prasad
Naithani and Harish Durgapal, Pritam SIngh Panwar, the lone
MLA from Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD) and Surendra Rakesh of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head