Uttarakhand: 18 striking govt personnel suspended
Dehradun: Cracking the whip on striking employees, the Uttarakhand government has suspended 18 security personnel and probationers deployed at the state secretariat and Assembly premises.
However, undeterred by the government order issued on Tuesday, the employees have threatened to further intensify their agitation opposing reservation in promotion in government jobs.
Work at the secretariat, state assembly and other government offices across Uttarakhand has been affected for over a week with employees agitating both for and against reservation to SCs and STs in government jobs.
The state government had ordered the striking employees to return to work by September 10 failing which their one day salary will be cut on "no work no pay" basis.
However, they remained on strike, prompting the government to issue another order setting them a deadline of September 11 to return to work or else they will be suspended with immediate effect.
When contacted, a spokesman of the striking employees said, "Our strike continues. These suspensions will further strengthen our stir."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing