Uttarakhand: 18 striking govt personnel suspended
Dehradun: Cracking the whip on striking employees, the Uttarakhand government has suspended 18 security personnel and probationers deployed at the state secretariat and Assembly premises.
However, undeterred by the government order issued on Tuesday, the employees have threatened to further intensify their agitation opposing reservation in promotion in government jobs.
Work at the secretariat, state assembly and other government offices across Uttarakhand has been affected for over a week with employees agitating both for and against reservation to SCs and STs in government jobs.
The state government had ordered the striking employees to return to work by September 10 failing which their one day salary will be cut on "no work no pay" basis.
However, they remained on strike, prompting the government to issue another order setting them a deadline of September 11 to return to work or else they will be suspended with immediate effect.
When contacted, a spokesman of the striking employees said, "Our strike continues. These suspensions will further strengthen our stir."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster