Uttarakhand chopper crash: IAF pilot buried with full honours
Mumbai: Wing Commander Darryl Castelino of the Indian Air Force, who died in the line of duty during Uttarakhand rescue operations, was laid to rest here on Sunday afternoon with full military honours.
Castelino was piloting the ill-fated Mi-17 rescue helicopter that crashed in Gaurikund in the rain-ravaged Uttarakhand on June 25.
The burial took place at the cemetery of `Our lady of Egypt` church in Kalina, suburban Mumbai. The funeral was attended by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Indian Air Force officers, Darryl`s family and friends.
Earlier, Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, Mumbai Congress President Janardhan Chandurkar and NCP leader Mawab Malik attended the funeral service.
Castelino is survived by his parents, wife and two small children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi