Uttarakhand CM tries to make peace with rival
Dehradun: Hoping to make peace, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday allocated multiple responsibilities to his arch rival Harak Singh Rawat and six other legislators.
Rawat, who was recently sworn in as cabinet minister, would be handling agriculture, agriculture education, agri-marketing, medical education and `sainik kalyan` (soldiers` welfare), Bahuguna told reporters at the state secretariat.
Besides this, Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion has been made chairman of the Forest Corporation, Sarbat Karim Ansari has been given the charge of the Housing Board, and Dinesh Dhanay put in charge of the Garhwal Development Board. Besides, Vijay Pal Sajwan, Ganesh Godiyal and Narayan Ram Arya have been made secretaries of the parliamentary board.
All these legislators would enjoy privileges of a cabinet minister, the chief minister said.
The move is being seen as a last attempt by Bahuguna to placate legislators loyal to Rawat, who had revolted in March against the leadership`s decision to nominate him chief minister of Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel