Uttarakhand CM tries to make peace with rival
Dehradun: Hoping to make peace, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday allocated multiple responsibilities to his arch rival Harak Singh Rawat and six other legislators.
Rawat, who was recently sworn in as cabinet minister, would be handling agriculture, agriculture education, agri-marketing, medical education and `sainik kalyan` (soldiers` welfare), Bahuguna told reporters at the state secretariat.
Besides this, Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion has been made chairman of the Forest Corporation, Sarbat Karim Ansari has been given the charge of the Housing Board, and Dinesh Dhanay put in charge of the Garhwal Development Board. Besides, Vijay Pal Sajwan, Ganesh Godiyal and Narayan Ram Arya have been made secretaries of the parliamentary board.
All these legislators would enjoy privileges of a cabinet minister, the chief minister said.
The move is being seen as a last attempt by Bahuguna to placate legislators loyal to Rawat, who had revolted in March against the leadership`s decision to nominate him chief minister of Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal