Uttarakhand govt seeks Rs 600 cr package
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government has demanded a package of Rs 600 crore from the Centre for relief and rehabilitation of the cloudburst-hit people of Uttarkashi.
"We have demanded a relief package of Rs 600 crore from the National Disaster Relief Fund for the victims of the natural calamity that hit Uttarkashi last month," Deputy Director Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre Piyush Rautela said on Friday.
However, the amount is set to be revised and likely to go up as the assessment of the damage caused by the cloudburst in Ukhimath in Rudraprayag district is yet to be completed, he said.
Twenty eight people were killed and six went missing in a cloudburst that hit Uttarkashi in August this year.
Another cloudburst followed less than a month later killing 52 persons in Ukhimath and Jakholi areas of Rudraprayag on September 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand