Uttarakhand govt seeks Rs 600 cr package
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government has demanded a package of Rs 600 crore from the Centre for relief and rehabilitation of the cloudburst-hit people of Uttarkashi.
"We have demanded a relief package of Rs 600 crore from the National Disaster Relief Fund for the victims of the natural calamity that hit Uttarkashi last month," Deputy Director Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre Piyush Rautela said on Friday.
However, the amount is set to be revised and likely to go up as the assessment of the damage caused by the cloudburst in Ukhimath in Rudraprayag district is yet to be completed, he said.
Twenty eight people were killed and six went missing in a cloudburst that hit Uttarkashi in August this year.
Another cloudburst followed less than a month later killing 52 persons in Ukhimath and Jakholi areas of Rudraprayag on September 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan