Uttarakhand govt sets timeframe of 3 months for forest land transfer
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday set a timeframe of three months for forest land transfer in the state and constituted a coordination committee headed by principal secretary (forest) to speed up the process.
Holding a meeting with senior officials of the departments concerned, Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain asked the PWD to prepare a digital map of all the districts and set up a panel of geologists.
The forest department will prepare the Standard of Operating Procedure (SOP) of the entire process of forest land transfer and fix the responsibilities of all the officials concerned, the chief secretary said and warned officials of stern action if they failed to deliver within given timeframe.
Jain asked the officials to also develop Management Information System for forest land and resort to web monitoring to take action against lax and negligent employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers