Uttarakhand govt sets timeframe of 3 months for forest land transfer
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday set a timeframe of three months for forest land transfer in the state and constituted a coordination committee headed by principal secretary (forest) to speed up the process.
Holding a meeting with senior officials of the departments concerned, Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain asked the PWD to prepare a digital map of all the districts and set up a panel of geologists.
The forest department will prepare the Standard of Operating Procedure (SOP) of the entire process of forest land transfer and fix the responsibilities of all the officials concerned, the chief secretary said and warned officials of stern action if they failed to deliver within given timeframe.
Jain asked the officials to also develop Management Information System for forest land and resort to web monitoring to take action against lax and negligent employees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India