Uttarakhand records nearly 100% student enrollment
Dehradun: Uttarakhand has achieved nearly 100 percent enrollment of students in schools this year and the drop out percentage has come down to mere 0.31 percent from 15 percent in 2000-01.
Of the 18.06 lakh children in the age group of 6-14 years
in the state, 17.97 lakh (99.50 per cent) have been enrolled
in various schools, Uttarakhand Government officials said
"The drop out percentage has come down from 15 percent
as per 2000-2001 census to 0.31 percent at present," they
said. In the last three years, 613 new schools and 594 upper
primary schools have been set up under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
(SSA) in the hill state, the officials said.
The government has been implementing several innovative
schemes like `Sapno ki Udan`, `Pahal` and `Muskan` under the
Centre`s flagship programme to improve the quality and reach
of education in the State.
The salient features of `Sapno ki Udan` include
organising `Mobile Schools` to reach out to the children and
their parents, to identify and mainstream `Out-of-School`
children, hosting community and educational fairs and
conducting regular health camps, Radhika Jha, the State
Project Director of SSA, told a visiting team of journalists.
"The Mobile Schools/Multi Purpose Vehicle are equipped
with projector, computer library, learning material and other
necessary tools. These vehicles are used to provide mobile
schooling as well as to extend awareness and motivational
campaigns among the masses," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy