Woman washed away in cloudburst, rains lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A woman was swept away in a cloudburst as moderate to rather heavy rains lashed parts of Uttarakhand since Tuesday night after a brief let-up in rainfall over the last few days.
55-year-old Prema Devi was working in her field in Sensari village of Thauldar block of Tehri district last evening when a cloudburst washed her away along with the patch of land where she was working, State Disaster Management and Mitigation Centre sources here said on Wednesday.
A search is on in the area to find the woman, they said.
Moderate to rather heavy rains have lashed parts of the state since last evening with Ranikhet in Almora district receiving the maximum 48.MM of showers followed by Haldwani in Nainital district which recorded 44 MM of rains, the MeT department here said.
Badkot received 30.2 MM of rainfall whereas Dehradun was lashed by 22.3 MM of showers, it said.
Rain and thundershowers at a few places and more than moderate rains in isolated places in Uttarakhand are likely in the next 24 hours, the weatherman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore