Woman washed away in cloudburst, rains lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A woman was swept away in a cloudburst as moderate to rather heavy rains lashed parts of Uttarakhand since Tuesday night after a brief let-up in rainfall over the last few days.
55-year-old Prema Devi was working in her field in Sensari village of Thauldar block of Tehri district last evening when a cloudburst washed her away along with the patch of land where she was working, State Disaster Management and Mitigation Centre sources here said on Wednesday.
A search is on in the area to find the woman, they said.
Moderate to rather heavy rains have lashed parts of the state since last evening with Ranikhet in Almora district receiving the maximum 48.MM of showers followed by Haldwani in Nainital district which recorded 44 MM of rains, the MeT department here said.
Badkot received 30.2 MM of rainfall whereas Dehradun was lashed by 22.3 MM of showers, it said.
Rain and thundershowers at a few places and more than moderate rains in isolated places in Uttarakhand are likely in the next 24 hours, the weatherman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'