Absconding Stephen Court fire accused arrested
Kolkata: Sanjay Bagaria, one of the directors of the city`s landmark building Stephen Court where a major fire killed 43 people earlier this year, was Tuesday arrested from Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
"Yes, he has been arrested," Joint Commissioner of Police Javed Shamim confirmed.
Bagaria was arrested from a guest house, where he had been hiding all these months, a police officer said.
A team of city police sleuths with the help of the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh Police nabbed Bagaria, who has been charge-sheeted along with five others in connection with the devastating fire.
Sushil Surekha and Pradeep More, two other chargesheeted directors, are still on the run.
Building caretaker Tarun Bagadia, assistant caretaker Ramshankar Singh and liftman Jaiprakash Singh have already been arrested, said Deputy Commissioner (Detective department) Damayanti Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price