Absconding Stephen Court fire accused arrested
Kolkata: Sanjay Bagaria, one of the directors of the city`s landmark building Stephen Court where a major fire killed 43 people earlier this year, was Tuesday arrested from Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
"Yes, he has been arrested," Joint Commissioner of Police Javed Shamim confirmed.
Bagaria was arrested from a guest house, where he had been hiding all these months, a police officer said.
A team of city police sleuths with the help of the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh Police nabbed Bagaria, who has been charge-sheeted along with five others in connection with the devastating fire.
Sushil Surekha and Pradeep More, two other chargesheeted directors, are still on the run.
Building caretaker Tarun Bagadia, assistant caretaker Ramshankar Singh and liftman Jaiprakash Singh have already been arrested, said Deputy Commissioner (Detective department) Damayanti Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money