Absconding Stephen Court fire accused arrested
Kolkata: Sanjay Bagaria, one of the directors of the city`s landmark building Stephen Court where a major fire killed 43 people earlier this year, was Tuesday arrested from Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
"Yes, he has been arrested," Joint Commissioner of Police Javed Shamim confirmed.
Bagaria was arrested from a guest house, where he had been hiding all these months, a police officer said.
A team of city police sleuths with the help of the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh Police nabbed Bagaria, who has been charge-sheeted along with five others in connection with the devastating fire.
Sushil Surekha and Pradeep More, two other chargesheeted directors, are still on the run.
Building caretaker Tarun Bagadia, assistant caretaker Ramshankar Singh and liftman Jaiprakash Singh have already been arrested, said Deputy Commissioner (Detective department) Damayanti Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today