Absconding Stephen Court fire accused arrested
Kolkata: Sanjay Bagaria, one of the directors of the city`s landmark building Stephen Court where a major fire killed 43 people earlier this year, was Tuesday arrested from Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
"Yes, he has been arrested," Joint Commissioner of Police Javed Shamim confirmed.
Bagaria was arrested from a guest house, where he had been hiding all these months, a police officer said.
A team of city police sleuths with the help of the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh Police nabbed Bagaria, who has been charge-sheeted along with five others in connection with the devastating fire.
Sushil Surekha and Pradeep More, two other chargesheeted directors, are still on the run.
Building caretaker Tarun Bagadia, assistant caretaker Ramshankar Singh and liftman Jaiprakash Singh have already been arrested, said Deputy Commissioner (Detective department) Damayanti Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands