AIFB blames CM for creating `uncertainty` over Panchayat poll
Kolkata: All-India Forward Bloc on Monday accused Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of trying to create "an air of uncertainty" over holding Panchayat elections in West Bengal and "misguiding" people.
Referring to the state government`s review petition in Supreme Court, AIFB secretary Ashok Ghosh said, "It is to be kept in mind that the state did not mention the issue of Ramazan month clashing with the rescheduled poll dates in the court before the delivery of its order on Friday."
Ghosh claimed that the Muslim community would face difficulties during campaign in the month of Ramazan and said that it was because of the state government`s "various forms of resistance" that the poll schedules were fixed in the midst of monsoon.
He alleged that the Chief Minister had been "frantically trying" to stall the Panchayat poll for the last six months.
The Forward bloc leader said the primacy of the State Election Commission over the organisation of Panchayat poll settled by the court was a blow to the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof