AIFB blames CM for creating `uncertainty` over Panchayat poll
Kolkata: All-India Forward Bloc on Monday accused Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of trying to create "an air of uncertainty" over holding Panchayat elections in West Bengal and "misguiding" people.
Referring to the state government`s review petition in Supreme Court, AIFB secretary Ashok Ghosh said, "It is to be kept in mind that the state did not mention the issue of Ramazan month clashing with the rescheduled poll dates in the court before the delivery of its order on Friday."
Ghosh claimed that the Muslim community would face difficulties during campaign in the month of Ramazan and said that it was because of the state government`s "various forms of resistance" that the poll schedules were fixed in the midst of monsoon.
He alleged that the Chief Minister had been "frantically trying" to stall the Panchayat poll for the last six months.
The Forward bloc leader said the primacy of the State Election Commission over the organisation of Panchayat poll settled by the court was a blow to the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon