AIIMS unit should come up in Raiganj: Congress
Raiganj (WB): Demanding the AIIMS centre in West Bengal be set up in Raiganj in North Dinajpur district and not elsewhere, the Congress MP from north Bengal Deepa Dasmunshi today said her party would undertake a full-fledged campaign in this regard.
The Mamata Banerjee government said the AIIMS would be set up at Kalyani in Nadia district, but Kalyani already has some other hospitals, Dasmunshi said at a public meeting in her Raiganj constituency.
"The Centre had announced in 2009 that the 930-bed hospital will be set up in the area and sanctioned Rs 827 crore. Now we will not sit idle if the state doesnot let that happen," she said.
WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said all people in north Bengal will agitate for the AIIMS project coming up at the scheduled Banisala site of Raiganj and not elsewhere.
Dasmunshi also flayed Banerjee for her government`s move to "differ among rape victims with regard to compensation amounts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Shraddha Kapoor happy to be replaced by Alia Bhatt in ‘Aashiqui 3’?
- RJD MP who said, 'Nitish looting Bihar in name of development', gets show cause notice
- Secy panel on 7th CPC to have key meeting on June 11; salary hikes unlikely to come in July
- PM Modi to attend 2nd International Yoga Day at Chandigarh
- President Pranab Mukherjee appoints Kiran Bedi as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry