AIIMS unit should come up in Raiganj: Congress
Raiganj (WB): Demanding the AIIMS centre in West Bengal be set up in Raiganj in North Dinajpur district and not elsewhere, the Congress MP from north Bengal Deepa Dasmunshi today said her party would undertake a full-fledged campaign in this regard.
The Mamata Banerjee government said the AIIMS would be set up at Kalyani in Nadia district, but Kalyani already has some other hospitals, Dasmunshi said at a public meeting in her Raiganj constituency.
"The Centre had announced in 2009 that the 930-bed hospital will be set up in the area and sanctioned Rs 827 crore. Now we will not sit idle if the state doesnot let that happen," she said.
WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said all people in north Bengal will agitate for the AIIMS project coming up at the scheduled Banisala site of Raiganj and not elsewhere.
Dasmunshi also flayed Banerjee for her government`s move to "differ among rape victims with regard to compensation amounts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- India deserves to be in NSG, the US will work for it: Envoy Richard Verma
- 'Sarbjit' eyeing on Oscars, confirms producer
- Excessive childbirth fear can lead to post-partum depression
- Indian Sports Fraternity on Lionel Messi's decision to quit Argentina. See their reaction on Twitter!
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure