AIIMS unit should come up in Raiganj: Congress
Raiganj (WB): Demanding the AIIMS centre in West Bengal be set up in Raiganj in North Dinajpur district and not elsewhere, the Congress MP from north Bengal Deepa Dasmunshi today said her party would undertake a full-fledged campaign in this regard.
The Mamata Banerjee government said the AIIMS would be set up at Kalyani in Nadia district, but Kalyani already has some other hospitals, Dasmunshi said at a public meeting in her Raiganj constituency.
"The Centre had announced in 2009 that the 930-bed hospital will be set up in the area and sanctioned Rs 827 crore. Now we will not sit idle if the state doesnot let that happen," she said.
WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said all people in north Bengal will agitate for the AIIMS project coming up at the scheduled Banisala site of Raiganj and not elsewhere.
Dasmunshi also flayed Banerjee for her government`s move to "differ among rape victims with regard to compensation amounts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog