AIIMS unit should come up in Raiganj: Congress
Raiganj (WB): Demanding the AIIMS centre in West Bengal be set up in Raiganj in North Dinajpur district and not elsewhere, the Congress MP from north Bengal Deepa Dasmunshi today said her party would undertake a full-fledged campaign in this regard.
The Mamata Banerjee government said the AIIMS would be set up at Kalyani in Nadia district, but Kalyani already has some other hospitals, Dasmunshi said at a public meeting in her Raiganj constituency.
"The Centre had announced in 2009 that the 930-bed hospital will be set up in the area and sanctioned Rs 827 crore. Now we will not sit idle if the state doesnot let that happen," she said.
WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said all people in north Bengal will agitate for the AIIMS project coming up at the scheduled Banisala site of Raiganj and not elsewhere.
Dasmunshi also flayed Banerjee for her government`s move to "differ among rape victims with regard to compensation amounts."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!