Basu`s aide Joykrishna, a forlorn man
Kolkata: Joykrishna Ghosh, Jyoti Basu`s
personal aide of 33 years, was a forlorn man on Sunday.
"It feels like I have lost my father for a second time,"
Ghosh, who even accompanied Basu abroad since 1977, said while
recalling his long association with Basu.
Ever since the 95-year-old leader shifted to Indira
Bhavan, his official residence while he was chief minister,
Ghosh was like his shadow.
"I am not in a position to speak now. I hold him in high
esteem for the love and affection I received from him. I feel
privileged," Joykrishna said.
Indira Bhavan was host to VIP visits while Basu was the
chief minister and also after he lived a retired life till
January one, when he was admitted to hospital with pneumonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport