Basu`s aide Joykrishna, a forlorn man
Kolkata: Joykrishna Ghosh, Jyoti Basu`s
personal aide of 33 years, was a forlorn man on Sunday.
"It feels like I have lost my father for a second time,"
Ghosh, who even accompanied Basu abroad since 1977, said while
recalling his long association with Basu.
Ever since the 95-year-old leader shifted to Indira
Bhavan, his official residence while he was chief minister,
Ghosh was like his shadow.
"I am not in a position to speak now. I hold him in high
esteem for the love and affection I received from him. I feel
privileged," Joykrishna said.
Indira Bhavan was host to VIP visits while Basu was the
chief minister and also after he lived a retired life till
January one, when he was admitted to hospital with pneumonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi