Basu`s aide Joykrishna, a forlorn man
Kolkata: Joykrishna Ghosh, Jyoti Basu`s
personal aide of 33 years, was a forlorn man on Sunday.
"It feels like I have lost my father for a second time,"
Ghosh, who even accompanied Basu abroad since 1977, said while
recalling his long association with Basu.
Ever since the 95-year-old leader shifted to Indira
Bhavan, his official residence while he was chief minister,
Ghosh was like his shadow.
"I am not in a position to speak now. I hold him in high
esteem for the love and affection I received from him. I feel
privileged," Joykrishna said.
Indira Bhavan was host to VIP visits while Basu was the
chief minister and also after he lived a retired life till
January one, when he was admitted to hospital with pneumonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal