Bengal govt working against GTA: Gurung
Darjeeling (WB): Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Tuesday accused the West Bengal government of working against the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA).
"This government is tense after the departments were transferred under the GTA agreement. It is working against the body despite promising to work in its favour earlier," GJM President Bimal Gurung said here.
The Morcha leader was addressing a gathering at a function at the Ram Krishna Rang Manch here.
Attacking North Bengal Development Minister Gautam Deb, Gurung said, "While Deb claims that the Rohini Road was constructed from the North Bengal Development fund, he should realise that it has been constructed through the GTA fund."
"We will carve out a lake and a view point will come up at Nok Dara for which three acres of land have been donated by the locals there and Rs 26 crore already been sanctioned for the construction of a parking plaza at Novelty," he informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends