Bengal govt working against GTA: Gurung
Darjeeling (WB): Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Tuesday accused the West Bengal government of working against the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA).
"This government is tense after the departments were transferred under the GTA agreement. It is working against the body despite promising to work in its favour earlier," GJM President Bimal Gurung said here.
The Morcha leader was addressing a gathering at a function at the Ram Krishna Rang Manch here.
Attacking North Bengal Development Minister Gautam Deb, Gurung said, "While Deb claims that the Rohini Road was constructed from the North Bengal Development fund, he should realise that it has been constructed through the GTA fund."
"We will carve out a lake and a view point will come up at Nok Dara for which three acres of land have been donated by the locals there and Rs 26 crore already been sanctioned for the construction of a parking plaza at Novelty," he informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16