Bengal govt working against GTA: Gurung
Darjeeling (WB): Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Tuesday accused the West Bengal government of working against the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA).
"This government is tense after the departments were transferred under the GTA agreement. It is working against the body despite promising to work in its favour earlier," GJM President Bimal Gurung said here.
The Morcha leader was addressing a gathering at a function at the Ram Krishna Rang Manch here.
Attacking North Bengal Development Minister Gautam Deb, Gurung said, "While Deb claims that the Rohini Road was constructed from the North Bengal Development fund, he should realise that it has been constructed through the GTA fund."
"We will carve out a lake and a view point will come up at Nok Dara for which three acres of land have been donated by the locals there and Rs 26 crore already been sanctioned for the construction of a parking plaza at Novelty," he informed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times