Bengal train accident: Trivedi assures action
New Delhi: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi
on Sunday said "accountability and responsibility" will be fixed
for the accident involving two trains in West Bengal and
no one found responsible "will be spared".
"Whatever is the position, we will try such accidents do
not happen again. An inquiry has been ordered and no none
found responsible... will be spared. Accountability and
responsibility will be fixed," Trivedi told reporters here.
In order to curb accidents and strengthen safety
measures, he said a railway safety board on the pattern of
DGCA is being thought about seriously by the Railways.
At least one person was killed and 50 were injured when
11 bogies of Guwahati-Bengaluru Express and a passenger train
derailed after a collision this evening at Jamirghata in West
Bengal`s Malda district.
However, Trivedi said, "The body found near the accident
site, it seems, does not relate to the train accident. We are
getting details about it."
The accident occurred between Gour Malda and
Jamirghata stations in Malda division of Eastern Railway at
The Railway Minister said, "At the moment the priority
is to coordinate the rescue and relief operation at the
accident site. All possible steps have been taken to help the
affected passengers to reach their destination."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'