BJP announces candidate for Howrah LS by-poll
Kolkata: The BJP on Saturday nominated its former West Bengal president Ashim Kumar Ghosh as the party candidate for the June 2 by-election to the Howrah Parliamentary Constituency.
BJP sources said that Ghosh would file his nomination papers on Tuesday.
Trinamool Congress has already announced former footballer Prasun Banerjee as its candidate.
The CPI(M) has fielded Srideep Bhattacharya and Congress Sanatan Mukherjee.
The by-election has been necessitated by the death of Ambica Banerjee of Trinamool Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!