BJP announces candidate for Howrah LS by-poll
Kolkata: The BJP on Saturday nominated its former West Bengal president Ashim Kumar Ghosh as the party candidate for the June 2 by-election to the Howrah Parliamentary Constituency.
BJP sources said that Ghosh would file his nomination papers on Tuesday.
Trinamool Congress has already announced former footballer Prasun Banerjee as its candidate.
The CPI(M) has fielded Srideep Bhattacharya and Congress Sanatan Mukherjee.
The by-election has been necessitated by the death of Ambica Banerjee of Trinamool Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India