BJP announces candidate for Howrah LS by-poll
Kolkata: The BJP on Saturday nominated its former West Bengal president Ashim Kumar Ghosh as the party candidate for the June 2 by-election to the Howrah Parliamentary Constituency.
BJP sources said that Ghosh would file his nomination papers on Tuesday.
Trinamool Congress has already announced former footballer Prasun Banerjee as its candidate.
The CPI(M) has fielded Srideep Bhattacharya and Congress Sanatan Mukherjee.
The by-election has been necessitated by the death of Ambica Banerjee of Trinamool Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam