BJP to revoke Article 370 after coming to power: Shahnawaz Hussain
Howrah: The BJP after coming to power at the Centre would revoke the Art 370 of the Constitution giving special status to Jammu and Kashmir, senior party leader Syed Shahnawaz Hussain said on Saturday.
Hussain announced this while attending a programme at Mandirtala in Howrah district to inaugurate a statue of Jana Sangh founder Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
He said Dr Mukherjee had given his life for the cause of Kashmir.
On the `communal` tag given to BJP by various political parties, Hussain said both Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee and JD(U)`s Nitish Kumar had been railway ministers during the NDA regime.
"But after they quit the NDA, BJP became communal," he said.
Describing the non-Congress and non-BJP Federal Front mooted by Mamata Banerjee as `unrealistic`, Hussain said, "With whom she would form the front? Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav both are with Congress in Uttar Pradesh. In Bihar, both Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar are with Congress."
To a question by media persons, he said if moulanas get government grant in West Bengal, Hindu priests too should get it.
The statue was inaugurated by retired Chief Justice of Bombay High Court Chittatosh Mukherjee.
State BJP leaders Rahul Sinha and Tapan Sikdar, state JD(U) president Amitava Dutta were present at the programme organised by social organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead