BJP to revoke Article 370 after coming to power: Shahnawaz Hussain
Howrah: The BJP after coming to power at the Centre would revoke the Art 370 of the Constitution giving special status to Jammu and Kashmir, senior party leader Syed Shahnawaz Hussain said on Saturday.
Hussain announced this while attending a programme at Mandirtala in Howrah district to inaugurate a statue of Jana Sangh founder Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
He said Dr Mukherjee had given his life for the cause of Kashmir.
On the `communal` tag given to BJP by various political parties, Hussain said both Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee and JD(U)`s Nitish Kumar had been railway ministers during the NDA regime.
"But after they quit the NDA, BJP became communal," he said.
Describing the non-Congress and non-BJP Federal Front mooted by Mamata Banerjee as `unrealistic`, Hussain said, "With whom she would form the front? Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav both are with Congress in Uttar Pradesh. In Bihar, both Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar are with Congress."
To a question by media persons, he said if moulanas get government grant in West Bengal, Hindu priests too should get it.
The statue was inaugurated by retired Chief Justice of Bombay High Court Chittatosh Mukherjee.
State BJP leaders Rahul Sinha and Tapan Sikdar, state JD(U) president Amitava Dutta were present at the programme organised by social organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'