BSF jawan suspended over molestation charges by Bangladeshi woman
Kolkata: A BSF constable has been suspended after a Bangaldeshi woman levelled molestation charges against troopers of the patrol party along the border in West Bengal.
The incident occurred on Wednesday at the Border Security Force outpost in Angrail sector in North 24 Parganas district when the woman, identified as one Sajana Begum, along with her 7-year-old child, was crossing into India from Bangladesh.
"The woman alleged molestation by one of the personnel of the patrol party that had intercepted her. In order to conduct a fair inquiry into her charges, the trooper has been suspended," a senior BSF officer said.
"BSF is a highly disciplined force and it believes in outstanding performance and is mindful of gender sensitivity. The inquiry will find out the truth", the officer said.
The border guarding force has handed over the woman, a resident of Karolia village in Naraial district of Bangladesh, to the local police for further probe.
Senior BSF officials said such incidents could also be a cover to disrupt the effective functioning of Indian security forces and all such allegations should reach a judicial and fair end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges caution over US missile deployment in South Korea
- 7th Pay Commission: Auto makers expect spurt in sales
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside
- Bomb explosion in Syria kills seven, leaves 25 injured