Buddhadeb`s letter to PM on Purulia armsdrop
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Thursday urged Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh for a judicial enquiry by a sitting Supreme Court judge
to go into the Purulia armsdrop in 1995.
"In view of the importance of the case from the angle
of national security and many unanswered questions, I would
request you to immediately constitute a commission for
judicial enquiry by a sitting judge of the Supreme Court,"
Bhattacharjee said in a letter to the Prime Minister.
"I would like to draw your attention to the
disclosures in recent television interviews by two foreign
nationals who were prime accused in this case implicating
central government agencies in the conspiracy," he said
recounting the dropping of a huge cache of arms from a plane
on some villages in Purulia district on December 17, 1995.
"These revelations are extremely disturbing and
dangerous for the stability and security of our country," he
said, adding that there were `too many` unanswered questions
some of which may lead to `dangerous conclusions`.
"The question that is agitating people`s mind most is
what the central government and its agencies were doing
regarding this conspiracy," the chief minister said, recalling
that the state police were alerted by central government
agencies only after the incident.
"Obviously there occurred grave failure in
country`s security system in allowing a foreign plane loaded
with illegal arms and foreign mercenaries to penetrate deep
into Indian territory without being detected and confronted.
"I hope you will agree with this suggestion
considering the grave nature of the case," the letter said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves