Cash, valuables stolen from Binayak Sen`s home
Kalyani (WB): Cash and valuables worth more than Rs one lakh were stolen on Tuesday from the residence of human rights activist Binayak Sen at Kalyani in Nadia district, the police said.
Sen was at his residence when the thieves broke into the house here early today.
"They got into my house in Block-B of Kalyani town after breaking the grille of the kitchen," Sen told journalists after lodging a complaint at Kalyani police station.
Normally, Sen`s mother Anasua Sen and maid Rekha Biswas stay in the house. But Sen, the well-known paediatrician, was also present in the house as he returned home last night.
The thieves ransacked four rooms and broke the almirahs of the room where they were sleeping to take away Rs 70,000, ornaments and watch of Sen`s mother, police said.
The thieves fled through the broken window of the kitchen.
No arrest has been made in this case so far, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing