Centre selling out country: Mamata Banerjee
Habibpur: Attacking the Congress-led UPA government for liberalising FDI limits in various sectors, particularly telecom, defence and insurance, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday alleged that it was selling out the country and claimed that it would go soon.
"We quit the government after it allowed FDI in retail. Now they are selling out everything -- defence, telecom and insurance, what not?" Banerjee told a panchayat election rally here in Nadia district.
"I want to know, after getting how much money will they stop? This government will surely go after the elections," Banerjee said.
"I feel sad that the nation is being sold out in this way," she said.
Defending the decision to contest alone in the panchayat elections, she said that her party the Trinamool Congress could not have relations with the CPI(M) or the BJP and had severed relations with the Congress.
"We are alone and have formed the people`s grand alliance," she said.
Claiming that her party was the real Congress, she accused the Congress of always hobnobbing with the CPI(M).
"I used to feel ashamed of being in the Congress and that is why we formed the Trinamool Congress. I feel ashamed seeing Congressmen.
"Those from Congress (in the state) have become (central) ministers because of the Trinamool Congress," she claimed.
Banerjee also alleged that the Congress had secret links with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Congress abuses Narendra Modi to show off, but maintain links secretly. This is the Congress game," she said.
"I am saying this swearing on my late mother`s name that they indulge in such acts. We do not play this kind of duplicity for the sake of votes," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon