Congress downplays Mamata`s fresh ultimatum
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday downplayed Mamata
Banerjee`s fresh ultimatum to the party to decide whether or
not it wanted to stay with the Trinamool Congress.
"If there are any problems in the alliance, we will sort
them out by talking to Mamataji", party spokesman Rashid Alvi
The West Bengal Chief Minister, who heads the Trinamool
Congress, had yesterday served a fresh ultimatum to Congress,
asking it to "decide whether you want to stay with us or not".
An angry Banerjee had made the remark irked by a protest
rally by Youth Congress against alleged attacks on party
workers by Trinamool activists.
Trinamool is the second largest constituent of the
Congress-led UPA having 22 members in the Lok Sabha. Congress
is part of her government in the state.
Reports from Kolkata had it that Banerjee yesterday
asked the Congress to decide both at the Centre and in the
state whether to carry on the alliance with Trinamool and
indicated that her party is not dependant on Congress to run
the government in West Bengal.
There have been growing strains in the relations between
the Congress and the Trinamool Congress. Only recently,
Banerjee had threatened to withdraw support to the Centre if
it failed to roll back the hike in petrol prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’