Congress flays Mamata for comments on PM, President
Kolkata: The Congress on Thursday hit out at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her criticism of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Pranab Mukherjee.
"The comments she made about the prime minister are absolutely unacceptable and unwarranted. They are a result of her personal vendetta against the Congress and the PM," state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya said here.
"We condemn her remarks and sincerely hope and wish that she will not bring in personal vendetta into politics," Bhattacharya added.
Banerjee told a news channel on Wednesday that Manmohan Singh was not a "grassroot man".
Bhattacharya also attacked Banerjee for saying that Pranab Mukherjee was elected the Indian President only because of her.
"All the time she vehemently opposed Mukherjee`s candidature. But when she realised Mukherjee`s win was inevitable, she said she was supporting him but with a heavy heart.”
"Who had asked her to support him? Neither we nor Mukherjee appealed for her support," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test