Congress flays Mamata for comments on PM, President
Kolkata: The Congress on Thursday hit out at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her criticism of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Pranab Mukherjee.
"The comments she made about the prime minister are absolutely unacceptable and unwarranted. They are a result of her personal vendetta against the Congress and the PM," state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya said here.
"We condemn her remarks and sincerely hope and wish that she will not bring in personal vendetta into politics," Bhattacharya added.
Banerjee told a news channel on Wednesday that Manmohan Singh was not a "grassroot man".
Bhattacharya also attacked Banerjee for saying that Pranab Mukherjee was elected the Indian President only because of her.
"All the time she vehemently opposed Mukherjee`s candidature. But when she realised Mukherjee`s win was inevitable, she said she was supporting him but with a heavy heart.”
"Who had asked her to support him? Neither we nor Mukherjee appealed for her support," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi