Congress flays Mamata for comments on PM, President
Kolkata: The Congress on Thursday hit out at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her criticism of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Pranab Mukherjee.
"The comments she made about the prime minister are absolutely unacceptable and unwarranted. They are a result of her personal vendetta against the Congress and the PM," state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya said here.
"We condemn her remarks and sincerely hope and wish that she will not bring in personal vendetta into politics," Bhattacharya added.
Banerjee told a news channel on Wednesday that Manmohan Singh was not a "grassroot man".
Bhattacharya also attacked Banerjee for saying that Pranab Mukherjee was elected the Indian President only because of her.
"All the time she vehemently opposed Mukherjee`s candidature. But when she realised Mukherjee`s win was inevitable, she said she was supporting him but with a heavy heart.”
"Who had asked her to support him? Neither we nor Mukherjee appealed for her support," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt