Congress has no faith in govt agencies probing Saradha scam
Kolkata: The Congress on Saturday said it was totally against agencies of the West Bengal government investigating the Saradha chit fund scam and reiterated the demand for a CBI probe.
"We are totally against the state government making an investigation with its own agencies which will not bring out the truth," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said after a rally here.
"The Trinamool Congress government is directly involved in the Saradha scam and it is bent on safeguarding the names of the guilty," Bhattacharya said.
"Only a CBI probe will be able to unearth who are behind the scam and the role of the Trinamool Congress government and its party leaders as thousands of investors have been duped," he said.
The procession from Subodh Mullick Square in central Kolkata marched to the Shyambazar five-point crossing in the north of the metropolis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference