Congress leaders slam Mamata at Chhatra Parishad rally
Kolkata: The Congress, a partner in the West Bengal government, on Tuesday said the state had failed to deliver in its 15-month rule and challenged the Trinamool Congress, the dominant partner, to contest the panchayat election in 2014 alone.
"The Mamata Banerjee-led government has failed to keep its pledge to the people in the last 15 months of rule, while there is no let-up in the attacks on Congress workers by Trinamool Congress," Congress MP Adhir Chaudhury said at a programme to observe the student wing of the party, Chhatra Parishad`s foundation day here at Mahajati sadan.
Chaudhury ridiculed TMC chief Mamata Banerjee`s announcement that her party would contest panchayat elections in 2014 alone and threw a challenge to her: "We want to see if she really has the guts to fight the panchayat elections alone".
In an oblique reference to TMC`s political success in the last elections, he said, "All that the party has achieved is with the help of the Congress and now that Congress is no longer required as its partner, it wants to discard us."
Alleging `systematic` attacks on Congress workers by Trinamool Congress in the state, Chaudhury said, "You cannot just wipe out the Congress. No amount of slander campaign against Congress will succeed."
He alleged that the Mamata Banerjee government had only given to the people "bad law and order, political violence, recurring rape incidents, campus violence, attacks on teachers which are instances of a failed administration".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video