CPI(M) party offices attacked in West Bengal
Kolkata: CPI(M) on Tuesday alleged that its offices across West Bengal came under attack by ruling Trinamool Congress workers following the heckling of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and alleged manhandling of Finance Minister Amit by SFI members in Delhi.
The attacks took place in Hooghly, Howrah, Bankura, Birbhum, North and South 24 Parganas, Cooch Behar and Darjeeling districts, CPI(M) sources said.
Six CPI(M) offices at Barrackpore in North 24 Parganas district were burnt down and the car of former Higher Education minister and CPI(M) leader Sudarshan Roychowdhury was damaged at Serampore in Hooghly district, the sources said.
The car of former minister and veteran CPI(M) leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah was attacked with bombs at Baruipur in South 24 Parganas district, they said.
Party offices were targetted with CPI(M) workers driven out and furniture damaged at Haripal, Tarakeswar, Pursura, and Chunchura in Hooghly district, the sources said.
The police said that in Pursura in the same district, seven bombs were found in a CPI(M) party office after receiving a complaint from Trinamool Congress.
At Salkia, Bagnan, Udaynarayanpur and Domjur in Howrah district, party offices were vandalised. The police said the situation was now under control.
CPI(M) Bankura district leader Amiyo Patro alleged around 30 armed TMC workers raided the Marxist party office at Taldangra with the police remaining a mute spectator.
In Birbhum distroct, Debashis Ganguly, Suri CPI(M) zonal committee secretary, charged a TMC procession with around 100 persons broke into the party office and vandalised it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users