Crack on railway tracks, accident averted
Asansol: An accident was averted when driver of a local passenger train stopped mid way after spotting a crack on the railway track here in Burdwan district, officials said.
The train from Howrah to Jasidih was at a spot in between Rupnarayanpur and Salanpur in the morning when the driver spotted the crack and alerted maintenance officials.
As the track was being repaired, local train services on the route were affected, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre