Crack on railway tracks, accident averted
Asansol: An accident was averted when driver of a local passenger train stopped mid way after spotting a crack on the railway track here in Burdwan district, officials said.
The train from Howrah to Jasidih was at a spot in between Rupnarayanpur and Salanpur in the morning when the driver spotted the crack and alerted maintenance officials.
As the track was being repaired, local train services on the route were affected, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you