Death toll rise to 16 in Malda infant deaths
Malda (WB): Even as the death toll in the death of infants in Malda medical college hospital rose to 16, a three member expert team on Sunday ascertained that the casualties were caused due to malnutrition and low weight.
Four more infants died last night taking the toll since May 22 to 16, as the expert team headed by the joint director of Medical Education Research and Training (MERT) Dr Indrajit Saha said malnutrition and low weight was the cause for the deaths.
The team today visited the hospital premises and various departments and surveyed precautionary measures to avoid such incidents.
According to the report of the team, the cause of the deaths was nothing "abnormal" with malnutrition being a common factor.
Meanwhile the seven member committee formed after the deaths by the district magistrate have also submitted their report to the hospital authorities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed