Doc drawing salary from govt institution absconds
Kalyani: A government doctor has absconded after he was issued a show cause when it was established that he was drawing salary from two medical institutions in Nadia district.
SDO, Kalyani Saibal Chakraborty said today he issued the show cause on July three after it was found that the doctor Gopal Chandra Biswas was drawing salary from the Kalyani Subsidiary Correctional Home and the College of Medicine and JNM Hospital here.
The doctor absconded after a FIR was filed on the same date against the doctor under sections 420, 468 and 469 of IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition