Fire at Bengal state secretariat, no casualties
Kolkata: A fire broke out in the West Bengal state secretariat Writers` Buildings on Friday morning, police said. No casualty was reported.
The fire, noticed at around 9.15 am on third floor of the building, housing the information and cultural affairs department, was doused by three fire tenders after a 65-minute-long effort, a police official said.
"The fire had broken out in the stenographers` room of our department. There was nobody in the office then. The affected room and its surrounding areas have been sealed now," said an Information and Cultural Affairs (I&CA) department official.
The fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical short circuit, police said.
"Many important documents have been destroyed," said I&CA official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad