Fire breaks out in Kolkata hospital
Kolkata: Fire broke out in the maternity ward of state-run Medical College and Hospital here tonight, but there was no injury.
Fire brigade sources said the smoke came out from an AC and the fire may have been caused by a short-circuit.
The fire broke out at 10.20 PM. Two fire tenders brought it under control within 15 minutes.
Several women, carrying their newborns, rushed out of the ward in panic after seeing the smoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list