Five miscreants arrested from tunnel near Fort William
Kolkata: The police arrested five persons for taking drugs near a newly-dug tunnel near Fort William, headquarters of the Eastern Command, here.
Some cables were also recovered from the tunnel measuring 3 to 5 feet which was discovered last night near a statue of Shyamaprasad Mukherjee, a senior police official today said.
"We have informed CESC, BSNL and other agencies to look into whether these cables belonged to them. We have launched an investigation into the matter," the official said.
A spokesperson for the Eastern Command said that the police was looking into the matter.
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?
- F-16s right platform for Pakistan's counter terrorism war: US
- In fight against impeachment, Brazil President Dilma Rousseff tries to win left support