Five miscreants arrested from tunnel near Fort William
Kolkata: The police arrested five persons for taking drugs near a newly-dug tunnel near Fort William, headquarters of the Eastern Command, here.
Some cables were also recovered from the tunnel measuring 3 to 5 feet which was discovered last night near a statue of Shyamaprasad Mukherjee, a senior police official today said.
"We have informed CESC, BSNL and other agencies to look into whether these cables belonged to them. We have launched an investigation into the matter," the official said.
A spokesperson for the Eastern Command said that the police was looking into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town