Forest official killed, wife badly hurt in mishap
Suri: A forest official was killed
and his wife seriously injured when a vehicle knocked down the
official`s bike from behind at Kashipur in Birbhum district
Santosh Roy (50), beat-officer of Hetampur under
Birbhum district forest division was driving the motor cycle
with his wife on pillion when their two-wheeler was knocked
down by the heavy vehicle at Kashipur near Bolpur.
The lady was taken to Burdwan Medical College in very
The vehicle sped away.
Divisional Forest Officer Kishore Mankar said though
prima facie it was a case of accident, "but we would request
police department to look into it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!