Former WB minister dead
Malda:West Bengal minister and veteran CPI-M leader Sailen Sarkar died at a nursing home here on Tuesday, family sources said.
Sarkar(72) was ailing for sometime and was rushed to the nursing home in the morning when he fell ill suddenly and died there.
Sarkar who is issueless is survived by his wife.
A large number of party workers and leaders assembled at his home here to pay their last respects to him.
Sarkar was minister thrice. He became minister for the first time in 1982 in the Jyoti Basu government and then again in 2001 and 2006 in the Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee governtment.
He was elected to the Vidhan Sabha for five terms from Englishbazar and Ratua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack