Goods train derails, rail services affected
Birbhum: A coal-laden goods train
derailed on Tuesday between Muraroi and Rajgram stations in West
Bengal`s Birbhum district following which rail traffic was
affected on the route, railway officials said.
Eight wagons of the freight train derailed at about 1:00
am, blocking both the tracks, they said.
Passenger trains on the route (Bolpur-Rampurhat-Pakur)
have been diverted via Katwa-Azimganj route, officials said.
Senior railway officials have rushed to the spot. The
wagons are being removed and track repair work is being done,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Unbelievable! Extra-strong see-through wood is now a reality
- 'Ek Nai Subah': NDA govt celebrates 2 years in office; PM Narendra Modi vows to root out corruption
- Men angrier on Facebook than women: Study
- US blocks cluster-bomb sales to Saudis: Report
- Brazil arrests first suspect after shocking gang-rape video