Goods train derails, rail services affected
Birbhum: A coal-laden goods train
derailed on Tuesday between Muraroi and Rajgram stations in West
Bengal`s Birbhum district following which rail traffic was
affected on the route, railway officials said.
Eight wagons of the freight train derailed at about 1:00
am, blocking both the tracks, they said.
Passenger trains on the route (Bolpur-Rampurhat-Pakur)
have been diverted via Katwa-Azimganj route, officials said.
Senior railway officials have rushed to the spot. The
wagons are being removed and track repair work is being done,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'