Goods train derails, rail services affected
Birbhum: A coal-laden goods train
derailed on Tuesday between Muraroi and Rajgram stations in West
Bengal`s Birbhum district following which rail traffic was
affected on the route, railway officials said.
Eight wagons of the freight train derailed at about 1:00
am, blocking both the tracks, they said.
Passenger trains on the route (Bolpur-Rampurhat-Pakur)
have been diverted via Katwa-Azimganj route, officials said.
Senior railway officials have rushed to the spot. The
wagons are being removed and track repair work is being done,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites