Goods train derails, rail services affected
Birbhum: A coal-laden goods train
derailed on Tuesday between Muraroi and Rajgram stations in West
Bengal`s Birbhum district following which rail traffic was
affected on the route, railway officials said.
Eight wagons of the freight train derailed at about 1:00
am, blocking both the tracks, they said.
Passenger trains on the route (Bolpur-Rampurhat-Pakur)
have been diverted via Katwa-Azimganj route, officials said.
Senior railway officials have rushed to the spot. The
wagons are being removed and track repair work is being done,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why